Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Preschool: Color Party Part 2!

I've had a busy couple of weeks and I'm behind in updating the blog! I'll post quickly today and come back to add more pictures later this week... :)


Gathering song: “If You’re Ready” 
(to the tune: “If You’re Happy and You Know It”)

If you’re ready for a story, take a seat
If you’re ready for a story, take a seat
Clap your hands and stomp your feet
Make your hands all nice and neat
If you’re ready for a story, take a seat


Opening Song: “Clap and Sing Hello
(to the tune: “Farmer in the Dell”)

We clap and sing hello
We clap and sing hello
With our friends at storytime
We clap and sing hello

(Repeat with wave and stomp.)


Introduction: We briefly reviewed all the colors we have done in the past several weeks and talked about the fact that if you mix some of those (primary) colors together, you get new (secondary) colors.













Action Song: “If You’re Wearing…”
(To the tune of “Mary Had a Little Lamb”)

If you’re wearing red today, red today, red today
If you’re wearing red today, stand up and say “hooray”


Book: Bear Sees Colors by Karma Wilson















Rhyme cube 
I roll the cube to select a fingerplay or action rhyme.


















Flannel Rhyme: “I Have a Crayon”

I have a crayon, I’ll give it to you.
Here is my crayon, my crayon of blue.
I have a crayon, a lovely little fellow.
Here is my crayon, my crayon of yellow.
I have a crayon, it’s here on my head.
Here is my crayon, my crayon of red.
I have a crayon, we can draw a circle.
Here is my crayon, my crayon of purple.
I have a crayon, what do I see?
Here is my crayon, an orange one for me.
I have a crayon, the best ever seen.
Here is my crayon, my crayon of green





If you’re happy and you know it, give a shake
If you're happy and you know it, give a shake
If you’re happy and you know it and you really want to show it
If you’re happy and you know it give a shake

(Repeat: give a clap, give a tap)


Shaker song: “Egg Shakers Up

Egg shakers up,                                            (shakers above head)
And egg shakers down,                                (shakers on the floor)
Egg shakers dancing all around the town.    (move shakers back and forth)   
Dance them on your shoulders
Dance them on your head
Dance them on your knee

And tuck them into bed                               (fold shaker inside hands, under head)


Flannelboard story: Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh













White mice on white paper can't be seen.

The mice find jars of paint and jump in.

The now colorful mice drip paint on the floor.

When each mouse dances in a different colored puddle, new colors appear.

The mice take a bath in the cat's dish. Once they are white again, the cat doesn't see them.












Action Rhyme: “Driving Around in My Little Red Car” 
(To the tune of “10 Little Fingers”)

Driving in my little red car,
Driving in my little red car,
Driving in my little red car,
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, Zoom.

(repeat with other colors)


Scarf song: “Let’s All Twirl”
(To the tune of: "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush")

Let’s all twirl with our scarves today,
Scarves today, scarves today,
Let’s all twirl our scarves today,
All around the room.

(Repeat: jump… clap… stomp…wave)


Scarf song: “Popcorn Kernels

Popcorn kernels, popcorn kernels              (wave scarf)
In the pot, in the pot                                   (hide scarf inside cupped hands)
Shake them, shake them, shake them        (shake cupped hands)
Shake them, shake them, shake them
Til they pop! Til they pop!                        (throw scarf into the air)


Book: Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin















Closing Song: “Tickle the Clouds

Tickle the clouds
Tickle your toes
Turn around
Tickle your nose
Reach down low
Reach up high
The stories are over,
Wave goodbye


Craft, Manipulatives, Exploration:
Game: Beanbag toss – I put out hula hoop and the kids threw different colored bean bags into the circle.
Painting
Puzzles


Inspiration for this storytime came from the lovely folks at: 


No comments:

Post a Comment