Saturday, April 30, 2016

BabyTime

Our book today was Hop by Jorey Hurley.



Welcoming Song: “Let’s All Clap
(to the tune of “Buffalo Gals”)

Let’s all clap ‘cause ____ is here
______ is here, ______ is here
Let’s all clap ‘cause ______ is here
______ is here today.



Where oh where are baby’s fingers?                     (touch fingers)
Where oh where are baby’s toes?                          (touch toes)
Where is baby’s belly button?                               (trace on baby’s tummy)   
Round and round it goes.

Where oh where are baby’s ears?                          (touch ears)
Where oh where is baby’s nose?                           (touch nose)
Where is baby’s belly button?                               (trace on baby’s tummy)
Round and round it goes.


Nursery Rhyme: “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are.



Bouncing, bouncing, baby on my knee
Bouncing, bouncing, one, two, three (tickle or lift on three)

Repeat with clapping, rocking, jumping



Wiggle waggle went the bear              (criss cross legs)
Catching bees in his underwear
One bee out             (move legs apart)
One bee in             (move legs together)
One bee bit him on his big bear skin    (buzz and tickle)

This is another good rhyme to use when changing a diaper.


Dance/Movement: “Shoo, Fly!

(Form a circle)

Shoo fly, don’t bother me                                         (walk around the circle)
Shoo fly, don’t bother me
Shoo fly, don’t bother me
‘Cause I belong to somebody

I feel, I feel, I feel like a morning star                     (walk toward the center)
I feel, I feel, I feel like a morning star                     (walk back)
I feel, I feel, I feel like a morning star                     (walk toward the center)
I feel, I feel, I feel like a morning star                     (walk back)

Shoo fly, don’t bother me                                        (walk around the circle)
Shoo fly, don’t bother me
Shoo fly, don’t bother me
‘Cause I belong to somebody


Dance/Movement: “Go In and Out the Window

(Stand in a circle, holding baby. In the second verse, turn baby to face another child in the circle. If you are alone, you could use a mirror.)

Go in and out the window                (swing baby in football hold toward middle of circle)
Go in and out the window
Go in and out the window
As we have done before

Turn and face your partner                        (hold baby under arms, turn toward other baby)
Turn and face your partner
Turn and face your partner
As we have done before

Go up and down the staircase              (lift baby up and down)
Go up and down the staircase
Go up and down the staircase
As we have done before


Shaker Song: “Can You Shake Your Egg With Me?” 

Can you shake your egg with me?       
Shake you egg along with me?
It's as easy as can be.
Now put it on your knee.

(Repeat: tummy, head, etc.)


Shaker Song: “Do You Know the Muffin Man

Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man?
Do you know the muffin man,
Who lives on Drury Lane.

Yes I know muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man!
Yes, I know the muffin man, 
He lives on Drury Lane!


Shaker Song: “We Hit the Floor Together”
(to the tune of “For He’s a Jolly Good Fellow”)

We hit the floor together
We hit the floor together
We hit the floor together
Because it’s fun to do!

Repeat with: clap our hands, nod our heads, sway from side to side, wave hello


Closing Song: “The More We Get Together

The more we get together, together, together
The more we get together, the happier we'll be
'Cause your friends are my friends
And my friends are your friends
The more we get together, the happier we'll be


Bubbles and music

I am currently really loving the music of Caspar Babypants. It's mostly upbeat and a little goofy, but definitely not sickly sweet. Some traditional tunes are mixed with original creations and he even has two albums of Beatles covers. Who knows, maybe the kids will enjoy this as much as "Let It Go." It could happen. 




Inspiration for this storytime came from the lovely folks at:



No comments:

Post a Comment